Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mr. X im still looking for a Valentine...


For the purpose of this Blog, the person that is discussed will be given the appellation Mr. X.


Men, you can't live with them but you can't live without them.


So, I know I shouldn't wait, anticipating Mr. X's pronouncement to be with me or not but I can't seem to let him go. I can't figure out why though, is it because I love him? or is it that I love the idea of him? In actuality, it's not that he isn't irreplaceable, so why is it that I just can't say "to the left, to the left" and walk away with my pride and dignity? This is a peculiarity that I have yet to grasp. I've read the books, watched the movies, and heard the stories. I know exactly what it is that I should do, but I remain awaiting for him to decide what he wants to do with me, as if I'm some substandard, disposable item. It's confounding to say the least. Deep down inside, I have a strong sentiment that it isn't love because love wouldn't treat me this way. It is said that,


"Love is patient, Love is kind, It does not envy, it does not boast, It is not proud, It is not rude, It is not self-seeking, It is noteasily angered, It keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight inevil, but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, alwaystrusts, always hopes, and always perseveres. Love bears all things,believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things"


So, I put things in perspective and presume that it indeed is not love. However, I still linger around hoping that I am the women he chooses….


I know that I, as women, am stronger than a man. We are the bearers of life, we have the power to conceive, and intellectual potency that men only dream of having. So why do I succumb to Mr. X, knowing that he isn't dealing with me as gently and kindly as he should be? I don't know what it is that keeps me coming back for more, but I sure do hope it's not love.


Until next time,


Love Talk

No comments: